Edible Artistry

Edible Artistry
FRESH ORGANIC LOCAL

Welcome To Our Thyme Your Place!

Hello friends, we are excited about this site and look forward to your questions, queries, comments or requests.

7/5/09

Stephens Roehrs

As a teenager growing up in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, I lived on a ranch and my father was a General Contractor. My interest in food and cooking led me to enroll in a program offered in High School called “Home Economics Related Occupations” or “H.E.R.O.”, this program allowed me to go to school in the morning and work in a restaurant in the afternoon/evenings.

I started as a dishwasher and quickly proved myself as a hard worker with an above average work ethic. My employer recognized these traits and promoted me to apprentice cook after just a short time on the job. I absorbed the knowledge and training of the Chef and was successful in my schooling as a result.

When it became time to make a career decision, I chose to attend Culinary School and continue my education in the reputable Culinary Institute of America, where I graduated in 1984. I then went to The Inter- Continental Hotel in New Orleans to apprentice under Chef Andre Billon-Tirard and a select group of chefs that the hotel had put together for the Grand opening in 1985. I consider these years as the foundation of my training and have built upon this solid base into the creative and diverse Chef that I am today.

I have continued to learn the many different areas in the hospitality industry and most recently have focused my studies to include more “front of the house” skills. Level one Sommelier certification and management training.

I have held positions in Hotels, Private Clubs, Fine Dining Restaurants, and Homes. I owned and operated Mermaids Restaurant in Colorado, where I was Executive Chef, along with many other responsibilities. I consider Baking and Pastries to be my strength and I have been very successful as an Executive Chef. My diverse skills and training have allowed me to get the job done in many challenging environments and I am confident that I could rise to meet any situation offered.